Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Waterfalls

We finally made it to the waterfall...four miles there, and then 4 back, but worth every step. Those of you who know my Kauai miracle story in 1999, this is the waterfall that I was sitting in front of when a flash flood hit while my back was turned while trying to reset my dislocated arm. No rain at all that day and the falls were nice and normal size.
These are those same falls, with me swimming under them, so you can imagine how tall they really are. The water was hitting quite hard, so exhilerating! That was one of my highlights of the whole trip :)


This is another fall we canoed and hiked to, that's what gave me the courage to do the other larger one....we did this first....super fun. After we did, a bunch of people got the nerve up and followed us. We are such trend setters!

1 comment:

Sara said...

That is so gorgeous, I would love the thrill of swimming under a waterfall!